1. 🍌 Wind down with some Banana + Cinnamon Tea:
- Boil a small pot of water.
- Grab a whole organic banana and give it a quick rinse.
- Cut off the two ends and pop it into the water.
- Let it boil for 10 min.
- Pour that magnesium and potassium-rich water through a colander and into a mug. ☕
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy
- Drink one hour before bed.
2. 🛀 Take a warm, relaxing bath...
3.🌧️ Need background noise to lull you to sleep while you wind down? ☔
4. 👀 Give your eyeballs a break! Download f.lux
It automatically adjusts the blue light on your computer screen according to the time so your eyes aren't constantly straining. 💻 (We will leave it on our work computers during the day as well.)
5. 📴 Keep your phone out of the bedroom.
If anything, it will make you so conscious of how often you reach over for your phone while you try to sleep (If you live in a studio apartment, put your phone on mute and stick it in your bathroom drawer.)
If you're nervous about switching over to an analog clock, try this "no phone in bedroom experiment" on a night that doesn't demand a strict wake-up time (ie: Saturday, Sunday). Couple this with a sleeping mask to block our distracting lights and get ready to snooze. 🌙
Remember: It's just 1 night. If you can do 3, amazing. If it turns into 7, you'll see how incredible it is to sleep without a screen and wake up without a screen.
6. Schedule 'Do Not Disturb' Mode for your wind-down/sleeping hours. We have it currently activated for 9:30PM and have it end at 7AM 📵
7. 🎙️ Alright, we saved the last one for the hardcore insomniacs with racing minds. The Sleep With Me Podcast is no joke.
Every episode, you listen to a soothing bedtime story for grownups. You will absolutely nod off to sleep because good heavens, it is boring. They know what they're doing as this podcast is constantly on iTunes Top 50.